| The Director of Advancement Communication is a strategic corporate position responsible for communication efforts in support of Bethesda’s brand that advance fundraising goals, donor engagement and organizational awareness of Bethesda. The Director is responsible for creating informative, persuasive, targeted and inspiring content that communicates the impact donors are making and reasons for investing in Bethesda. The Director will be part of a multi-functional Marketing & Communication team that includes graphic design, video production, marketing, internal communications, events and volunteer services. |
Responsibilities: Develop and execute a robust multi-channel donor marketing and strategic communications strategy to raise the visibility of Bethesda and increase philanthropic support for Bethesda.
Oversee and direct initiatives related to content development, management and quality oversight that maintain regular communication to donor segments, key external audiences and community partners. They include but are not limited to the:
- Management of content and functionality of donor engagement strategies on Bethesda’s website.
- Incorporation of fundraising strategies into organizational social media efforts.
- Management of the editorial process for donor newsletters, publications and electronic communications.
- Development of new and ongoing fundraising campaign materials.
- Development of press releases in response to the editorial calendar, significant gift announcements and publicity opportunities for gifts or major donors.
- Development of presentations and dynamic content for executive and staff utilization that support current campaigns or initiatives.
- Ideation of donor events or volunteer recruitment efforts in support of fund raising initiatives.
Collaborates with the Director of Annual Giving to integrate solicitation and marketing schedules, ensure consistency in messaging, offer cross promotion strategies and coordinate resources across the donor relations and communications teams.
Provide leadership and strategic direction to direct staff and leads collaboration efforts with professional colleagues to meet project goals.