Multi-site Management role in the Charleston, SC market with a portfolio of approximately 11 properties.
The Regional Vice President reports to the Senior Vice President and oversees a portfolio of properties in a specific geographic region and works to ensure that the assigned properties perform in accordance with corporate expectations.This will be accomplished by providing leadership to property-level staff maintaining a high level of market awareness in order to interpret and anticipate trends, and successfully communicating and implementing corporate policies, programs and initiatives at the property level.
The successful candidate will embody and work to reinforce MAA’s Core Values.Those values include:
• Appreciating the uniqueness of each individual
• Communicating openly and with integrity
• Embracing opportunities
• Doing the right thing at the right time for the right reasons
Duties and Responsibilities
• Audits all properties in the assigned area on a regular basis to ensure that they present the highest quality image possible. An audit includes physically walking the property and observing/inspecting any problem area as well as examining administrative procedures to ensure that all company policies, applicable laws and compliance areas are being followed. During visits, the RVP is expected to recognize potential problems before they become serious and take preventive and corrective action.
• Develops property staff by ensuring that only the highest caliber personnel are recruited, selected and hired to represent the company. Provides one-on-one coaching, guidance, and mentoring to property leadership. Ensures that all personnel receive appropriate training. Delegates responsibility and authority as appropriate to facilitate staff development.
• Appraises property personnel performance continually, promptly addressing any performance problems through coaching, training, redirection or discipline. Promptly recognizes and encourages good performance.
• Monitors property financial/quantitative performance on an ongoing basis. Addresses performance issues immediately by working with the Property Manager to build a plan for correction.
• Resolves elevated customer complaints and employee relations issues in a manner that is in the best interest of the company, customer, and associate.
• Reviews, approves, and monitors the completion of all capital projects being performed at properties in the area.
• Represents the view(s) of Property Managers and staff in relationships with corporate staff and management to ensure that property-level issues are being heard and properly addressed.
• Provides or participates in the development of marketing programs for properties designed to achieve optimum occupancy levels and customer satisfaction.
Intervenes in disputes between property leadership and vendors either by providing advice to property management team or by assuming responsibility for reaching resolution.
• Manages the preparation of capital and operating budgets for properties in the area.
Conducts salary reviews for Property Managers in the area; reviews and approves wage and salary actions for all other personnel in the area.
• Takes steps to continually advance capabilities through personal development.
• Facilitates the implementation of corporate-wide initiatives including, but not limited to: ancillary services, community outreach and Open Arms.
• Performs other related duties as assigned to meet the needs of the business.
• Bachelor’s degree and four years as an apartment property manager or leader or eight or more years in a manage role of apartment property operations.This should include full responsibilities for budget and expense control.
• A basic knowledge of common computer application software such as Microsoft Office.
• Experience using financial software that is designed or modified for use in apartment diverse facts.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Ability to think conceptually, finding solutions to complex problems from relevant, but diverse facts.
• Knowledge of all applicable laws and regulations relevant to employment law and landlord-tenant laws.
• Knowledge of compliance standards relating to bonded properties.
• Knowledge of MAA’s operating procedures.
• Working knowledge of landscaping, mechanical maintenance issues, and capital project planning and execution.
• Excellent skills in verbal and written communication.
• Ability to lead and direct the work of others.
• Skills in financial management including budgeting analysis, and forecasting.
Visit www.maac.com to apply online.
Drug Free Workplace
Internal Number: 86503
About MAA (Mid America Apartment Communities)
MAA is a real estate investment trust (REIT) that focuses on the acquisition, selective development, redevelopment and management of multifamily homes throughout the Southeastern and Southwestern regions of the United States.
Our mission at MAA is to deliver superior service and value for our residents, employees and shareholders. We refer to this as creating "A Brighter View" and we are doing it every day.
In fact, we proudly display "Our Brighter View" plaques at every MAA office just to serve as a daily reminder of our focused mission. MAA is committed to remaining true to our rich tradition of service to each other, to our residents, and to our shareholders. We respect the privilege to providing value to those whose lives we touch.
Please click on the links below to learn more about MAA’s culture and corporate charity as well as view MAA’s Corporate Profile: